Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Practical Scrappers Ten Things - Kraft

Today is Tuesday and that means Practical Scrappers is featuring different ways to use kraft paper.

I love kraft and use it as a background for my pages quite often.  I love that it goes with just about any colour.  It's a nice change from a black or white background, which is the most common backgrounds I tend to use for my layouts.

In this layout of my oldest son and his birthday cake, I chose to use kraft for my starburst border on the left side of the photo frame and also for underneath the word "awesome" and the sparkler shape.

Awesome Cool Cake
I used a lot of different techiques to create this layout and had some fun with it.  The arrows are made from a stencil and modeling paste, the clocks are from a cardstock that can be sanded to reveal the design, the starburst border and sparklers and some of the words are created with my Cameo.  I used a black pen to outline the journaling strips and a white pen to create faux stitching around the words and black background.








Please be sure to check out what the other ladies on the Practical Scrappers Ten Things Team created with kraft paper here.

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment