Friday, June 28, 2013

So Much Kindness In Such A Difficult Time - Southern Alberta Flood 2013




Hello sweet friends!

I can't tell you how much this week has affected me and so many other Southern Albertans to the core. It made me realize so many things.  It showed me that there really is compassion in a time of need.  The Flood Of 2013, here in Alberta, is the worst natural disaster in Canadian history.  A total of 100,000 people had to evacuate and some, as I write this, in a town south of mine have still not been allowed to go back into their homes until it is safe.  My family have been one of the lucky ones that haven't lost their home and haven't been evacuated, but know people that have lost everything except for their clothes on their back.  I have had a case of  survivor guilt and I haven't been able to do anything but think of who I can help this week and that is what I have done along with   thousands of other people.  It's been overwhelming how people have come together for people in real need.  I found a video online today that I wanted to share compiled by Heather Rankin.  She did a beautiful job and it touched me so much that I had a good cry.


I hope you enjoyed this video.  Thanks for stopping by and please keep my area in your thoughts and prayers as it will be a huge task of rebuilding for so many.  If you would like to help, please donate to the Canadian Red Cross at www.redcross.ca

Hugs to you all!

2 comments:

  1. So saddened for all that are affected ... prayers for your beautiful town!!

    ReplyDelete