Thursday, November 7, 2013

Scrap Our Stash November 1 Challenge

Hello scrappy peeps.

Today is my turn over at Scrap Our Stash and the challenge was to use 6 X 6 papers on a layout.  I loved this challenge as I love paper pads but when I buy them I have intentions of using them for diecutting or cards but don't think to use them on layouts.  The only 12 X 12 sheet of paper that is allowed for this challenge is the background paper.  The other challenge is to use at least 6 premade embellishments such as 6 chipboard pieces or 6 buttons.  They don't have to be the exact same size or colour.  I chose to use red sequins and on my layout I count eleven of them.  I love this trend and how inexpensive sequins are and how they give the layout that little extra sparkle.

The layout is of my youngest nephew all dressed up for halloween as Avatar.

Boys Will Be Boys

Cardstock - American Crafts
Cork Arrows - Fancy Pants Designs
Diecuts - Silhouette America
Distress Inks - Tim Holtz (Faded Jeans, Festive Berries)
Kraft Doily - Maya Road
Liquid Glass - Close To My Heart
Metal Paper Clip - Maya Road
Patterned Papers - Teresa Collins
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Rotating Stamp - American Crafts
Sequins - Unknown
Stencil - The Crafter's Workshop
Twine - Unknown
I chose some very different papers to create this layout and didn't use typical halloween colours at all.  Sometimes it's fun to try something different so I took the blue from Dylan's outfit and used that as my inspiration for the color palette of blue, grey, red and white.






I hope you enjoyed your visit and I would love to see what you create so be sure and upload your creation to the Scrap Our Stash Blog for November for a great prize.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. such a cool page!!! LOVE the fun background too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee-Anne I just love this layout! Fantastic design, layering and use of your 6 x 6 patterned papers! Awesome Halloween layout!

    ReplyDelete