Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gratitude Jar - Susan K. Weckesser

Hello everyone!  I hope you are staying warm.  Happy New Year.  Today I am sharing my Gratitude Jar that I created with Susan K. Weckesser's lovely collection of "Live In Color" patterned papers.

To make this jar, I gathered a canning jar that I had in my cupboard and added some burlap for texture.  I fussy cut the label, flowers and bird from Susan's "Live In Color Collection" and also cut a strip of the green paper and used a border punch on the top and bottom edge and adhered it near the bottom of the jar to look like grass.  Next I went around the jar adhering the flowers and embellishing the center of the flowers with some embellishments.  I then adhered some Canvas Corp. ribbon around the jar lid and some Karen Foster Design twine and a metal word around the neck of the jar.  Finally, I adhered a wood doily to the bottom of the jar with some adhesive squares.  I had some green paper left over so I cut tiny strips that I could use in the jar to write what I am grateful for everyday.  When the end of 2014 arrives, I will take out the written papers strips and look back on what I was grateful for.  Here are some closeups of my jar.









Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to use Susan K. Weckesser's  gorgeous Live In Color Collection of patterned papers to create your own gratitude jar.  Have a lovely day!



Supplies Used:

Adhesive - 3 L Adhesive Dimensional Squares, Beacon 3-in-1
Border Punch - Fiskars
Burlap - Springs Creative
Jewel Embellishments - Prima Marketing
Metal Embellishment - Tim Holtz
Patterned Papers - "Live In Color Collection" (Susiebee Studios Inc.)
Ribbon - Canvas Corp.
Twine - Karen Foster Design (Tawny)
Wood Embellishments - Wood Doily (Maya Road), Wood Word (Studio Calico)

1 comment:

  1. What a great project Lee-anne...Cute jar, but what a lovely idea... I think I'm going to make me one...Smile. Thanks for SHARING!

    ReplyDelete