Monday, June 30, 2014

Three Or More July Challenge - Frames

Hello scrappy friends!  Today at Three Or More we are revealing our first challenge. The challenge is to create a layout with three or more photos and to add an extra twist to this challenge by adding frames to your layout.

For my layout I created more of a mixed media layout of my summer vacation two years ago.  I love the ocean and wanted to create a beachy feel to this page.  For the frames, I edited my photos on my iPhone in an app named Photoshop Express.  I love this app and it has lots of cool frames.  I thought the frame "bleached matte" would make it look like the ocean.


I began my layout with a white piece of card stock and added some clear gesso to it and let it dry.  I then added some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Gathered Twigs and four different stencils and also some splatters and distress stains.  I added more texture to look like "foamy water" with cheesecloth and also added some packing paper.  I love the Fancy Pants Designs Park Bench Collection and have been hoarding some of the leftovers of this collection since last year so I layered some of the patterned papers and stickers from the collection.  


For the chipboard lighthouse, I wanted it to have a brick effect so I adhered drywall tape and then cut around the windows.  I then added some stamps, sprays, distress paint and splatters.  If you are looking to create lots of texture, drywall tape is inexpensive and it works perfectly.


I matted my photos with some corrugated paper in black and turquoise



I hope you enjoyed your visit and come join in the fun of July's challenge.  Link up your creation at Three Or More blog here and also see what the other design team members created for this challenge.

Have a nice day!


Supply List

Cardstock - American Crafts
Cheesecloth
Chipboard - Fab Scraps
Corrugated Paper - Fancy Pants Designs
Digital Frames - Photoshop Express (iphone app)
Doily - Bo Bunny
Drywall Tape
Flair - A Flair For Buttons
Gesso (Clear) - Liquitex
Ink - Tim Holtz
Lace - Kaisercraft
Mists - Tattered Angels
Packing Paper
Paint - Tim Holtz
Patterned Paper - Fancy Pants Designs (Park Bench Collection)
Pen - Marvy Uchida
Stains - Tim Holtz
Stamps - Kaisercraft, Unity
Stencils - The Crafter's Workshop
Stickers - Fancy Pants Designs (Park Bench Collection)













1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love all the different texture you used, great page! :)

    ReplyDelete