Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Christmas Layout For The Christmas Love Campaign!

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a good weekend so far.  Today I wanted to share a Christmas layout of a family friend's little guy.  I really miss when my own children were little at Christmas and love photos of children sitting on Santa's lap.  Alex is three years old in this photo from last year. 


This is from the Basic Grey Aspen Frost Collection which is about two years old.  I used some twine to make it look like hanging ornaments.

I really enjoy scrapbooking Christmas layouts and the holidays. I made this for the Christmas Love Campaign. A dear friend, Susan K. Weckesser organizes this campaign and my thoughts are prayers are with her as she has been diagnosed with cancer and this is what this campaign that she has organized for the past 6 years have ironically been about after her own dad passed away from cancer.  Here is Susan Weckesser's message:

I am SO excited to be starting the SIXTH ANNUAL Christmas Love Campaign! I LOVE sharing love with all though around me through art and creativity. I LOVE doing this campaign with YOU!
So, What is The Christmas Love Campaign?
The 'CLC' is a very dear event that I started six years ago shortly after losing my father to cancer.  My dad had lived a life of always doing kind things for ANYONE & EVERYONE. When he passed away suddenly I didn't know what I could do to continue spreading his kindness and love that he showed and gave everyone.. One day at a scrapbooking crop I noticed how kind scrapbookers can be to each other even though most of the time they are total strangers. I noticed that even happens on the internet. Crafters reaching out to other crafters with words of encouragement in hard times and in good times. After seeing this, I approached The Canadian Scrapbooker in the Fall of 2009 and I asked Katharina Doyle and Jackie Ludlage if I could write an article for their magazine on a topic that was very important to me, entitled 'Scrap Matters'. It talked about the awesome power of arts, crafts, and scrapbooking and I asked people how they brightened other peoples day by being creative?

'Simple Acts of Creative Kindness is an AWESOME TOOL!'

This year the CLC has touched my heart at a entirely new level! I am late at putting out the campaign because the last few months I haven’t felt to well. I thought it was my kidneys bothering me. I was also told in June that my jaw and teeth were softening , and that I would need reconstructive this year…a big surgery that meant having my teeth replaced with implants and bone graft in my jaw. So, I figured my feeling not good was all that and a LOT of nerves too. So last week I went into hospital for what I thought was a simple surgery to have some of my kidney stones removed however it turned into a bladder biopsy that totally surprised me. I tried not to think about it all week. However my doctor call last night to chat. I guess it turns out that I have Bladder Cancer. The word CANCER, still echoes in my ears. Never saw that coming. I didn't even know that there was such a thing. He said that he was really surprised because I am so young.  I will be going in for surgery to remove what they can and then they will decide what else should be done. They will also figure out if it has gone anywhere else.
NOW, I don't like talking about my health. But, I just wanted you to know what I am up to. I asked for my surgery to be after Christmas because I want to have a wonderful one with my kiddos! Right!? *smile* Plus, i know in my heart… my faith will carry me through. So, you have to smile! I am about to start a new journey…
SKWECKESSER (2)
This is where I need you! I want to create my little heart out because it is SO healing!!!! It really is! I want to create and I want to share some Christmas LOVE with as many people as I can! Please help me!!! PLEASE help me share some creative LOVE with neighbour , strangers, and the people around you!!!!
LET us SPREAD CREATIVE LOVE ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!!!
Let’s have an AWESOME 2014 Christmas Love Campaign!!!
You all mean the world to me! Let’s have some fun together!!! Invite everyone you know to join in with us!  xo
SO here is what you do….
unnamed (1)

You can find the Christmas Love Campaign Facebook page HERE
Come like the Susan K. Weckesser Inc. Facebook page too … HERE.

unnamed (2)

th_ChristmasLoveCampaign-1.276151849_std

GRAB a BLINKIE for you blog!
Help spread the word and some love!
Thank-you for your continued LOVE and support! I cant tell you how much it means to me!!
BIG HUGE HUGS,
- See more at: http://mysweetearth.blogspot.ca/2014/12/christmas-love-campaign-new-journey.html#sthash.VVYJ7s8v.dpuf

Susan xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I absolutely LOVE your work! And thank you for inviting me to the CLC...such a great idea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete