Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Festive Ribbon Tree

Hello friends! I hope you are having a good week.  I have really enjoyed doing some Christmas crafts this week.  I made a ribbon tree for a friend.


These are very easy to make.  All you need is:

Scissors
A glue gun
glue sticks
A styrofoam cone
3 or 4 spools of ribbon about 7/8 inches wide and about 4 yards in length
A small Poinsettia pick for the top of tree
About two hours
  1. I started at the bottom of the styrofoam cone and hot glued 4 inch strips of ribbon that were folded in half.  
  2. Continue hot gluing strips of ribbon using a different color for each row.
  3. Once you reach the top of the tree, add the Poinsettia pick in the center pushing the pick all the way down the top center of the cone.
  4. Enjoy!
I usually buy ribbon when it goes on sale at Michael's to make these trees.  I have made several in different colour combinations.  Use your imagination!  I think my next ribbon tree that I make, I am going to add some sequins to the ribbon to give it some more sparkle.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and are inspired to create a ribbon tree.  Thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment