Monday, April 27, 2015

Creative Embellishments Brothers Layout For CSI No. 162


Hello friends! Happy Tuesday!  Today I would like to share my layout that I created for the guest designer spot at CSI Color, Stories, Inspiration.  The design team at Creative Embellishments have been  guest designing for the month of April over at CSI and it has been lots of fun and I found it quite the creative challenge.  If you haven't played along at CSI and need to boost your creative imagination, then I urge you to check it out.  Here is the inspiration photo that I created for Case No. 162:

CSI Case No. 162

I added metal, circles, stars, stripes, solid background labels, ink/paint and die cuts from the "Elements" column. For the second column, I chose "Presentation" so I journaled on a punched paper circle and tucked it inside a library card pocket. For the third column, which is the "Colors",  I used aqua, black, bright red, buttery yellow and pale blue as seen on the inspiration photo above.


I began my layout with a white 12 X 12 piece of card stock.  I used the Creative Embellishments Star Background Stamp with some Ranger Light Blue Embossing Powder and heat embossed the card stock. I took a black paint dabber (Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Black Soot) and created paint splats.  Next, I stamped with the Creative Embellishments Distressed Grid Background Stamp in Tim Holtz Red Barn Distress Ink and also Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink.  For the Creative Embellishments Star Frame, I painted it in Ranger Lemonade Acrylic Paint and painted the #Boys Chipboard word in Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Paint.  




For the title "Brothers" I stamped with some Prima Alphabet Stamps in Tim Holtz Red Barn Distress Ink.





To complete the embellishing, I added some arrow embellishments from Pinkfresh Studios to direct the eye to the smaller photos as well as some Creative Embellishments Chipboard Stars that I painted in Ranger Aqua Acrylic Paint and then heat embossed them with some Ranger Black Embossing Powder and the Creative Embellishments Text Background Stamp.  Finally I added some Fancy Pants Oh Deer Red Sequins and some flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons and some machine stitching below the title.  






This is somewhat of a sad blog post for me as this is my last layout for my seven month term at Creative Embellishments.  It has been an amazing creative journey and I have loved meeting and creating alongside such lovely ladies whom I call friends. I am sure you are going to love what the new team and new term brings coming in May.

  Thanks for following my blog and have a creative day! 

























No comments:

Post a Comment