Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Just Nick/Pretty Little Studio Team Up


Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a layout on the Just Nick Digital Cut Files blog using two Just Nick cut files (Basketweave Background and Doodle Flowers 2) and some gorgeous papers and other products from the Here Comes The Sun Collection by Pretty Little Studio.  If you haven't checked out Pretty Little Studio's products, please do! I could buy every single line.  Of course I had to discipline myself to choose only one collection.


To create my layout, I cut out the Doodle Flowers 2 cut files in different sizes on some adhesive backed card stock with my Silhouette Cameo and with my water color paint set painted the flowers in blue, pink, green, black and yellow keeping it placed on the mat as it makes it easier .






After the flowers were painted, I let them dry completely then peeled them off of the sheet and backed them with patterned papers from the Here Comes The Sun Collection by Pretty Little Studio.


For the background, I cut out a 12 X 12 inch sheet of white card stock using the Basketweave Background and my Silhouette Cameo.  When it was cut out, I placed it over another sheet of 12 X12 inch white card stock and then stitched around the outside edge with my sewing machine.  


Next, I added the photo and then decided on the placement of the flowers,  I tried to alternate with large and small flowers in a diagonal design from the top left edge of the page to the bottom right edge of the page.


Once the flowers were all adhered to the background paper, I added flair buttons to the center of some of the flowers as well as some star embellishments around the page and also some ephemera.


I added some little black alpha stickers to complete the title of the page.



Cut files that I used on my layout:







I hope you enjoyed your visit and my tutorial on how I created my layout.  Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment