Sunday, January 8, 2017

Trim The Tree

Hello friends! I hope you are staying warm. It's very cold here these days and when it's like this I like to hunker down in my studio and scrapbook.  Not very often I have the time to play along with some challenges as my design team assignments keep me very busy but I was inspired so much by this sketch by Amy Coose for the Paper Issues Sketchy Saturday Challenge that I had to play along.






I love to add some Missy Whidden style watercolors to my layouts so I used some grey, lime green and aqua watercolors and the packaging technique for my background.

I used some random alpha stickers from various collections of Bella Blvd. as well as some wood veneer trees that have been in my stash forever.  The papers are from the Winter and also the Christmas Collection by Lawn Fawn.  I am really digging plaid this year and can't get enough of it.

To finish off my layout I added some machine stitching, thread, alpha stickers from Jillibean Soup as well as a felt bow from Bella Blvd. and of course some flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons.

It was so much fun to create just for the fun of it.

Have a great day and thanks for sharing your day with me.












No comments:

Post a Comment