Saturday, May 6, 2017

Family Are Better Together

Hello! Happy National Scrapbook Day? Hopefully you are able to do some scrapbooking. Today I am sharing this layout over at Just Nick Digital Cut Files of my hubby, kids and parents.






For this layout I used two cut files from Just Nick and combined them to create one cut file.  I began with the Basic Hearts cut file and chose one of the hearts, traced it and enlarged it in Silhouette Studio, this is the software that is for the Silhouette Cameo.

I then opened the Borders 1 cut file and merged it with the heart.  I had to duplicate the Borders 1 cut file three times to fit inside the heart by placing them below each other.  I then grouped them, placed them over the heart and clicked "crop".  Once this was done I backed the heart with several polka dot patterned papers and then grabbed my embroidery floss and stitched in several colors alternating colors to give it a rainbow effect. I also added some plus signs in alternating colors around the page to give it more texture and interest.

Next came the embellishing.  I added my title from foam phrases from American Crafts. I like to use a pop of black on my layouts whenever I can. I think layouts need the contrast. I also added some word stickers, chipboard pieces, enamel dots and hearts around the layout.

I really cherish photos like these of my family because it isn't very often that we can be together. It made Easter fantastic.

There are some free cut files for National Scrapbook Day.  For my layout, the Borders 1 Cut File will be free today only in the Just Nick shop.  Simply add the code BORDERFREE at checkout. Actually, there are four cut files that are free today as four of the design team members, including myself, will be sharing projects with the cut files below.  Be sure and check out the Just Nick blog to see more inspiration.

MOM code: MOMFREE 
Borders 1 code: BORDERFREE (My layout)
Floral Ring 2 code: RINGFREE
Dreamcatcher1 code: DREAM2FREE

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!

Cut Files On My Layout


















No comments:

Post a Comment