Thursday, June 8, 2017

Today Layout

Hello friends! Are you ready for summer? I know I sure am because the summers are so short and the winters are so long where I live. I wanted to celebrate summer so I thought today I would share more of a mixed media layout. I created this summery layout for A Flair For Buttons.


I added the pink "Live" flair button from the Inspirational Words set


and the orange "Good Life" flair button from the My Life Flair Set 4 set to the middle of two of my flowers.



To create the 3 dimensional flower background, I found a beautiful cut file designed by the talented Bea Valint and cut it on a 12X12 inch piece of white textured cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo.

After it was cut out, I took my Faber Castell Gelatos and scribbled the lipstick type tubes of creamy goodness onto my craft mat and spritzed some water on each color and with a fairly thin paint brush, I carefully painted the petals and leaves.

Once the petals and flowers were dry, I added a darker shade of color to the inside of the pedals and once again let them dry. To make them even more dimensional, I bent each petal upwards to make them pop out even more.

I also added another piece of white cardstock to the backside so that the bent petals wouldn't show through to whatever surface was behind it.

Next I added a 2X3 black and white photo that I popped up with dimensional foam squares and matted on some pink paper from the Pink Paislee Moonstruck Collection and I also added a small paper doily behind the matted photo to soften the photo and separate the background more from the photo. I didn't want to have too many embellishments to this layout because I wanted the floral watercolor background to be the focal point of the layout so I added some gold foam stars, enamel hearts, chipboard stickers and the black foam phrase "Today" for my title. I quite often like to add a pop of black to my designs because I think it completes the layout.







I am very happy how this layout turned out. These colors speak to me and flowers are one of my favorite things.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure and check out all the flair buttons in the A Flair For Buttons shop. Have an awesome day!

Flair Buttons On This Layout

Inspirational Words


My Life Flair Set 4




No comments:

Post a Comment