Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Designer Challenge At Creative Scrapbooker Magazine

Happy Wednesday! Creative Scrapbooker Magazine invited three designers, Kerry Engel, Tracy McLennon and myself, to participate in a challenge with Multicraft's Forever In Time collection. Here are the products all three of us designers were given to create with.


I was instantly drawn to the pink, yellow and blue cardstock and knew I wanted to create a layout of my daughter and I.



A lot of my layouts begin with a white cardstock background and with the pink, blue and yellow cardstock that I was to create with, I thought it needed a white background to make the colors pop off the page without making it too overpowering and to give it a clean look.  

I really loved the dimensional paper flowers in the kit so I decided to cluster some on the top left and bottom right corner of the layout. Since this is a layout of my daughter and I, the puffy sticker "girlpower" seemed perfect to add to the layout.  



I cut out a 7 1/2 inch circle with a circle cutter on the white cardstock and then I put my fringe scissors to work. I cut some 2 1/2 inches by 12 inches strips of pink, blue, and yellow cardstock and cut fringe 1 1/2 inches from the bottom. This left a one inch area above the fringe to adhere the strips one on top of the other with my ATG gun. Then I carefully added the glued paper strips to the backside of the white cardstock circle and then adhered it with another piece of white cardstock to make the backside of the layout clean and tidy.


I matted the photo of my daughter and I with a piece of the pink cardstock. To make the clear sticker "there is sunshine in my soul today" pop, I backed it with some of the blue cardstock from the kit and added the pink "hello" puffy sticker to the left of the photo and popped up the clear sticker with some dimensional adhesive squares.


The title of my layout was created with the "love" puffy sticker, the "forever" puffy sticker and the "you" was created with some white cardstock, the stamps in the kit and the purple brush pen. I simply brushed the purple pen onto the y, o, and u alphas and stamped on the white cardstock and fussy cut them out and used dimensional foam squares to pop them up more. Again, dimensional paper flowers were added on the left and right side of the title. On the right side of the photo, I added the "memories" puffy sticker and a piece of white cardstock that I typed "Shannon & Mom".


Around the circle, I added blue, pink, and light yellow jewels in increments of four and added some puffy stickers in between. Don't you love the teapots and donuts? 




To complete the layout, I added some coordinating jewels to the top left corner and bottom right corner of my layout to draw the eyes diagonally down the page and simply typed the date on a piece of white cardstock and again clustered some of the dimensional flowers.


I love the texture and dimension of the layout and fell in love with the happy colors.


This was a fun challenge and it was so fun to see what the other two designers came up with using the exact products. I love how everyone's creative brain works differently.  Check out their layouts on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine's blog.

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a nice, happy day!














No comments:

Post a Comment