Sunday, July 16, 2017

Love Summer Memories


Hello friends! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I am in summer mode at the moment and it's so awesome to have some lazier days and sunshine. Last year I renovated my outdoor space by adding some new outdoor furniture, privacy glass, a huge patio umbrella and a funky rug and it's now my favorite place to hang out with my family, friends and my dog and cat. That is what this layout is all about.


I had a layout published in the summer issue of Scrapbook And Cards Today Magazine and the lovely Catherine gave me the Summer Days collection kit from Simple Stories so I wanted to break it out and create something fun. I also used the Follow Your Heart cut file from The Cut Shoppe, which I cut on white cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo and backed it with lots of patterned papers. It truly is my favorite thing to do in scrapbooking. It takes time and patience, but the result is so worth it. The papers went perfectly with my photo of my red furniture and red toes.


I added three flair buttons from A Flair For Buttons, I love being on this design team because flair buttons are my favorite embellishment and Shelley always has such a huge selection of flair buttons to work with any page.  I chose the red heart flair button from the Just Hearts Flair 2 set to add to the left of my title.


I also added the flair button "the best summer of my life" from the Say Hello To Summer Flair set as well as the "keep calm and enjoy summer" flair button, which is also from the Say Hello To Summer Flair set. 


I love the bright striped washi tape from Simple Stories and added it below the photo and folded it back and forth to create a ruffle


and I also added a long strip to the bottom of the layout as well as several word and tab stickers above the washi tape strip. Finally I added some journal strips.


Finally to complete the layout, I  added some enamel hearts and an enamel arrow from Pinkfresh Studio. 


It was really fun to create a bright, happy, and fun summer layout because that is what summer should be is happy and fun. 

I hope you are having fun this summer. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great day!



Cut File Used On Layout

Follow Your Heart - The Cut Shoppe

Flair Buttons Used On Layout
Just Hearts 2

Say Hello To Summer 







No comments:

Post a Comment